You probably wouldn’t believe us if we told you our “plans” when we started back in 2004. No farming in our background, no knowledge of animals, no business experience, no house, no electricity, and no water. Just bare land and a dad and mom with four energetic young boys!
Dad had the vision and the rest of us had creativity a desire to “be country.”
If you have kids bouncing off the walls who can’t get enough of being outdoors, you might be able to relate to how we felt living in town!
It took a lot of courage for dad to leave his teaching career at NDSU and plant our family flag in the uncharted territory of the Turtle Mountains. Seriously, it couldn’t have happened without God’s faithful provision.
But here we are 15 whole years later still going strong and AMAZED at what has fallen into place along the way!
- 2004 – Moved to the Bottineau property with a popup camper and semi-trailer full of belongings and started building our house. Got our first two chickens “Lewis and Cluck”
- 2005 – Started learning to garden, raise goats, and grow our own food.
- 2006 – Built the upper stories on the farmhouse and started selling raspberries.
- 2008 – Got our first cow and sold broiler chickens.
- 2009 – Sold our first cow-share for raw milk.
- 2010 – Added a fourth cow and delivery routes to Minot.
- 2011 – Fought to keep raw milk cow-shares legal in ND and won!
- 2012 – Grew more animals rapidly due to Bakken oil field boom.
- 2013 – Bought additional cows for raw milk.
- 2015 – Added online ordering and more delivery routes.
- 2017 – Clarified our business values and the real food mission.
- 2018 – Focused on education and expanding real foods.
- 2019 – Celebrating 15 years of Bartlett Farms!
One of the most encouraging parts about growing the farm has been getting to know people like you and watching your kids being raised right.
Seeing children born and nourished from the earliest ages with raw milk formula, grass-fed beef hamburgers, pastured thanksgiving Turkeys and so much more!
Like Aubrey wrote to us about her baby:
“Thank you for the amazing milk I know I can trust cleanliness and production wise. I am certain that one of the reasons we had such a healthy and tall baby is the nutrients he got from the quality, safe milk we get from you guys that I drank like it was going out of style.” -Aubrey Y. Minot Air Force Base
Or hearing from satisfied customers about their beef delivery:
“First-time customer; half-beef ordered. Bartlett Farms performed exactly according to all that they told us to expect from them – from the timing and pricing of the order to the delivery details to (maybe the most important aspect) the QUALITY of product. Without exaggerating or trying to prop them up, I can certainly say this is the BEST beef our family has ever had…” – Robert T. Fairdale
As we reflect on the past 15 years we want to say THANK YOU for making Bartlett Farms possible!
We are here because we believe God has created ways to heal and nourish that people like you are learning about and implementing in your families.
You know what a difference food makes, and we’re here to support you on that journey.
Let’s give a big cheer for the next 15 years and again, THANK YOU for being with us and partnering with Bartlett Farms and the real food mission.